Dustin loves chocolate. He doesn't like cake, pie is definitely not his favorite--he is straight chocolate all the way. Because of his no cake/no pie stance on desserts, occasionally I make him something that is all chocolate and just for him.
This Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Tart definitely fits the bill. It is the perfect dessert for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner at home! It is rich and chocolaty with the perfect amount of vanilla and espresso powder to amp up the chocolate flavor without overpowering it at all.
And the chocolate tart simple to make! It's really just 3 simple steps--no double broiler, no fancy techniques, and a seriously impressive and delicious result!
Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Tart Recipe
author: Abby at Happy Food Happy Home
adapted from Epicurious
1 package chocolate graham crackers
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons butter
Pinch of salt
A 9 inch tart pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until crushed.
- Add the salt and pulse until combined.
- In a glass measuring cup, melt the butter and coconut oil together.
- Pour half the melted butter/coconut oil mixture into the crumbs and pulse until combined. Scrape the bottom of the food processor.
- Add the remaining butter/coconut oil and pulse into combined.
- Pour the crust mixture into the tart pan. Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan
- To get firm edges, I press two of my fingers into the flutes all the way around the pan. It’s a little time consuming, but it works!
1 ¼ cup of heavy cream
9 ounces dark chocolate (60-65 percent), chopped
½ teaspoons espresso powder
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
- In a heat proof bowl, sprinkle the espresso powder over the chocolate pieces.
- Bring the cream to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate. Whisk until melted and combined.
- Add the egg mixture and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the baked crust.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until the edges are set but the middle still wiggles a bit.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes until room temperature.
- You can also cool the tart in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 ¾ ounces chocolate, finely chopped
1 teaspoon light corn syrup
1 tablespoon warm water
- Place the chocolate and the corn syrup in a heat proof bowl.
- Bring cream to a boil.
- Pour over the chocolate and corn syrup. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the water and whisk until thoroughly combined. Try not to incorporate too many air bubbles into the chocolate.
- Pour the glaze in the middle of the cooled tart. Rotate the tart in a circle to spread the glaze around. You can also use an offset spatula to spread the glaze.
- Allow the tart to cool and set for approximately 1 hour.
- Slice into thin pieces and serve!
The Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Tart is a perfect decadent chocolate dessert. It would great to make for a special someone for a Valentine's Day dessert!