What do you do when you have loads of braised beef left over? You throw a bunch of spices in and make tacos! Because I love tacos!
These are great with all sorts of toppings. I had refried beans, cheese, avocado, and canned salsa from this summer. The beef tacos would also be really good pico de gallo! Too bad it's the middle of the winter in Indiana so I can't get good fresh tomatoes.
Braised Beef Tacos
1 tablespoon veggie oil
1 small onion
3 cups prepared braised beef
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
Toppings: cheese, avocado, salsa or pico de gallo, beans, creme fraiche, lime etc.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Slice the onion and add to the oil. Cook until soft-5 to 10 minutes.
- Dice the jalapeno. Add to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and toast for about 30 seconds.
- Throw in your braised beef. Stir everything together and cook until everything is warm and toasty.
- Assemble your tacos! I used soft tortilla shells, and lots of toppings.
These tacos were a great re-working of the leftover braised beef. We could only eat braised beef and pasta for so long. I love how versatile the leftovers were, as well as how easy it is to customize the tacos. Dustin and I can both eat what we want, and we can both be happy!
|This was mine--lots of toppings!|